Aug

Hi Everyone,

We are pleased to announce the latest updates made to our renowned CCIE Routing & Switching Advanced Technologies Class-on-Demand. The new content covers MPLS Layer 3 VPNs (LDP, BGP, PE-CE Routing etc) and the new Security features (such as Zone-Based Firewall and IOS IPS) found in the updated CCIE R&S v4.0 lab exam. All customers who already purchased the existing version of the CoD will get the updates for FREE under our Investment Protection Program.  There are more updates coming soon to cover additional topics such as OER, 802.1x, etc.

Existing customers should expect to see the new content posted to their INE classroom accounts shortly today or tomorrow.

Happy studying!

About Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE:

Petr Lapukhov's career in IT begain in 1988 with a focus on computer programming, and progressed into networking with his first exposure to Novell NetWare in 1991. Initially involved with Kazan State University's campus network support and UNIX system administration, he went through the path of becoming a networking consultant, taking part in many network deployment projects. Petr currently has over 12 years of experience working in the Cisco networking field, and is the only person in the world to have obtained four CCIEs in under two years, passing each on his first attempt. Petr is an exceptional case in that he has been working with all of the technologies covered in his four CCIE tracks (R&S, Security, SP, and Voice) on a daily basis for many years. When not actively teaching classes, developing self-paced products, studying for the CCDE Practical & the CCIE Storage Lab Exam, and completing his PhD in Applied Mathematics.

Find all posts by Petr Lapukhov, 4xCCIE/CCDE | Visit Website

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

35 Responses to “CCIE R&S Advanced Technologies CoD Updated For the October Changes!”

1. Marcio Costa says:

awesome…

Petr, do you know anything about the audio update ?

2. Dan says:

Thanks for the updates!

3. Ali says:

Hi Petr,

What’s the roadmap for integrating these ver4 topics into the Volume 1[ver5 beta] workbook?

thanks

• OK, we should drop the beta keyword i think :) Now to your question – we’ve been working on the new topics development for a while, but the product releases have been delayed a bit due to the high level of interest to the old format of the exam right now. We plan to synchronize the new product releases with the rack hardware releases at our partner company GradedLabs in September and get everything posted prior to the blueprint change. I can estimate VOL1 to start appearing early september, when the racks are ready to support the updated topology.

4. Arnaud says:

:) I really appreciate your hard work

5. Faisal says:

Petr,

When will the new version of Advanced Class on Demand with all 4.0 Blueprint Topics Covered fully and available as a DVD to purchase

Faisal

6. Rodney Treadvance says:

when will the updates be available in the members area, I don’t see the new material yet in my area.

7. Rack009 says:

Petr,

I am having a birthday party in th UK, please feel free to come along, plenty of cake and Quality Vodka there for you. And if you can spare 15 minutes for an autograph session, I am usre my guests will appreciate it. Let me know if you can make it.

8. josephc says:

Petr,

Thanks for posting this. I checked it out and could not find the mpls nor zone based firewall, up to day 5. Which day would cover these topics?

Thanks.

9. Justin Mann says:

Great updates guys and thanks!

Are there any descriptions/titles as to what each section that could be uploaded is rather than just Day 1 Part 1, etc? For instance if I wanted to section that covered MPLS I would go to which day/section…?

• The new sections were adde as separate module after the “classic” Week1/Week2 content (which is still perfectly valid for the class). You should be able to see the “MPLS Part I,II,III, IV” and “Security ZFW” under the class curriculum now.

10. Wayne says:

Petr- when will the R&S 4.0 IE Lab Hw recommendations be available?

Regards,
    Wayne

• Getting ready to post it. In short we’re replacing R4, R5 and R6 with ISRs, e.g. with 1841s. Any ISR with 2x Fa0/0 interfaces capable of having 2x Serial interface will do the trick. We plan to go with 1841/2811s for our upgrade.

11. Mike says:

Petr,

I didn’t see an MPLS lecture or MPLS slides in the new Class on Demand. Can you point me where they are. Also, I notice the COD is only five days in length, as opposed to the previous version which is ten days. Is there a second five days? Please clarify.

12. Geoff says:

Petr,

Now that you’ve started moving more towards the v4.0 transition are we going to get some topology changes as far as equipment is concerned and alternatives for those of us who do not wish to buy a full rack of ISRs? I know there’s been many discussions and really I pretty much know what the rack would look like but was wondering if you were going to release the new rack setup soon.

13. Dan says:

Maybe it’s just me but I see a lack of appeciation in these posts. IE posts updated information and instead of saying thank you people are inclined to question when will x be available or when will you be updating product y. The least you could say is, thank you and then post your requests. I am just going to say it again becuase I don’t think it gets said enough. To everyone at IE, for working hard to provide us with these valuable updates, THANK YOU!…..and when will you be updating the dynamips workbook? :P

14. John Spaulding says:

Yeah, This is why I asked what is it named….I could not find the MPLS section anywhere.

• Sorry for the issues guys, everything should be fixed by Monday! Looks like just some of the Adobe Connect settings were not configured properly or are out of sync for the subscribers.

• To: josephc

You wont lose any functionality if you can get R1-R3 running 12.4T adv.security and R4-R6 running 12.4T adv. ent. services. This is pretty much possible with your configuration.

Also, I plan on releasing an updated dynamips/dynagen topology (though many use GNS3 nowdays) for the new blueprint products. Basically, it will just use 3725s for R4-R6 and use 2600s for R1-R3, all running 12.4T images.

15. Rizzo says:

Petr,

Any update coming for Security?? Its been long time.

Thanks

16. josephc says:

Petr,

That means R1 R2 will remain 2611xm and R3 will still be the same 3640 with NM-4A/S?

How much functionality will I lose if I use dynamips for R1 – R5 running as 3725, BB2, BB3, 2 x 3560, 2 x 3550 and only R6 as real 1841, and 2500 as BB1?

Or even R6 as 3725, BB1 as 3640 on dynamips as well?

Thanks.

17. saj says:

Thanks for new and great CODs

Now I see old CODs are removed from my account and I could see only 5 day content under this new ATC COD against the old 10 day ATC COD

is this same for everyone?

Also I could not locate the MPLS section as mentioned in the below link.

I request the INE tem to include the technology area covered in the summary section similar to the old CODs

This would help us to take the relevant part directly.

18. Chris says:

Hi,

I previously purchased the DVD upgrade to COD, is there anyway I can get an updated one ?
    cheers