Jan

There are two phases of installation to consider, installing the AnyConnect VPN client files on the Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) for automated download and install to systems, and the actual install on the remote PCs themselves. This document provides an overview of both phases.

The files needed for installation are located at http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/anyconnect.

Loading the AnyConnect VPN Software on the ASA

Use the copy command to copy the image file to the flash of your ASA. Then use the svc image command from webvpn configuration mode to identify the file as the client package file. You can install many different packages for different operating systems and use the svc image command to order them from most popular (lowest number) to least popular (highest number).

Enabling AnyConnect SSL VPN Connections on the ASA

Here is sample configuration that enables the AnyConnect VPN client connections on the ASA:

ASA1(config)# webvpn
ASA1(config)# webvpn
ASA1(config-webvpn)# tunnel-group-list enable
ASA1(config)# group-policy SAMPLEDEFAULT attributes
ASA1(config-group-policy)# webvpn
ASA1(config-group-webvpn)# vpn-tunnel-protocol svc

Automating the Installation for Remote PCs

Be sure to follow these recommendations:

• If using a Certificate Authority (CA) for certificates on the ASA, configure the certificate as a trusted CA on client machines
  • If using a self-signed certificate on the ASA, install it as a trusted root certificate on client machines
  • Ensure the Common Name (CN) in the ASA certificates matches the name clients use to connect
  • If you are using Cisco Security Agent (CSA), warnings will most likely display to end users during install
  • For Microsoft Internet Explorer installations, install the ASA to the list of trusted sites; this may be automated using Active Directory

For more information on the AnyConnect VPN Client, here are Google searches to use:

site:cisco.com AnyConnect Release Notes

site:cisco.com AnyConnect Administration Guide

site:cisco.com Security Appliance Configuration Guide AnyConnect

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 Responses to “Cisco AnyConnect VPN 2.3 Installations”

1. Chris says:

Maybe you can help me with a problem I am having with AnyConnect. I can get the users connected to the local resources (mapped drives, applications) but they are not able to access the Internet. Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. Rob Routt says:

Chris, are you terminating the vpn on the same device that you are trying to go back out to the Internet? If so, check this out

hth,

Rob

3. Alexei Monastyrnyi says:

To specify exactly which SVC versions users are provided with, one can use:

webvpn
    svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-2.3.0254-k9.pkg 1
    svc image disk0:/anyconnect-macosx-i386-2.3.0254-k9.pkg 2
    svc image disk0:/anyconnect-macosx-powerpc-2.3.0254-k9.pkg 3
    svc image disk0:/anyconnect-linux-2.3.0254-k9.pkg 4
    svc image disk0:/anyconnect-wince-ARMv4I-2.3.0254-k9.pkg 5

4. Sergey says:

Hi, could you please consult me on anyconnect client. I have downloaded it from cisco and installed on my laptop. After I have started it i’ve got window with “connect to” option without credential fields. How can I get them?

Best regards,
    Sergey

5. Rony Joel says:

Dear Sir, pla give me ur up dats about VPN.

Regards,
    Rony J

6. Attila says:

Could you help about the followings:

I have a working annyconnect system, I have three different group policies.
    There are a few “userS” who could connect two (or three) one. I like to make a “default” group policy on the client list, therefore they could use the most secure for default.

Regards,
    Attila Peter

7. Todd says:

I’ve successfully configured a remote install for anyconnect 2.4 . I’m using this command string:
    “\ cisco_anyconnect_2_4_0202.EXE” /QT

Problem: The installer serves up a dialog box at completion, indicating that the install is complete & installation files can be deleted.

This causes the installer to hang up, because it can’t be acknowledged due to the silent install.

Any way to account for this in my command line?
    The settings are packaged perfectly for my environment, so I’d like to avoid monkeying with the package if I can.